So let's see if I can make this make sense. I'm not straight.
Gotcha! I don't struggle with homosexuality. I'm just trying to make my point. I feel like we tend to categorize people, in this instance people who struggle with homosexuality(gays, queer, fags, etc.) and those who don't(straight, not gay,...), when we should be witnessing to them instead. I'm not straight. Let me explain. I feel like claiming that alienates us from a corrupt world that we should be witnessing to. This in effect withdraws us from the world's problems. We are after all holier than thou. This isn't how it should be. We all have fallen short of the glory of God. We are all in the same boat sinking fast. God reaches down and pulls us up to safety. What good is it then to drown those who should be rescued along with us?
These categories that we have created(not just "sexual orientation") create a barrier to the Gospel of Christ. We say, "Go. You're not one of us. Be with your own kind. We won't help you". We all know that in a sinful society it is hard to find truth. We have failed to address their major problem. Sin. Here's a tricky thought. Seriously. Chew on this for a while. Do we, by withholding the true, non-exclusive, free, liberating, gracious Gospel, commit a greater sin?
Please give me your thoughts on any of this. I know I don't have a wide audience on here but I'd like to hear what you think. As a disclaimer I would never use any of the slurs I used to offend anyone. If I did, know that I did not mean it to do so.
"Therefore, Since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
-Hebrews 12:1

1 comment:
good point, Joel. I think those are valid things to be thinking about. I know for me, it's easy to think I know more than I do and have less to work on than others because I've been a Christian for so long but in reality, I have just as much to work on --if not more-- than anyone else. If we take five minutes to be honest with our sin, that can be nothing but clear.
We will be held accountable for the opporunities we passed up to share the gospel.
Post a Comment