Here I am though, 9 hours from the start of my first class of the year. I managed to start reading my Bible about a week ago and have managed to stay, for the most part, consistent. James and I went to Salt tonight and I could seriously see myself getting plugged in there. It was great. My class schedule at first seemed daunting with 2 fairly complex math classes and econ but I realized that the amount of homework probably won't increase, just the difficulty, which will probably cause me to try harder. I'm excited to on the Salt Fall Retreat in a few weeks and looking forward to getting plugged in to a solid Christian community there. This weekend I will begin the search for my first* personal church. I think I'm starting with the church Salt meets at because I actually haven't heard of any others. Wow! Writing this out caused to me to realize that something I was planning won't work with my schedule. I was going to go to Fuel(Campus Crusade) on Thursday but realized I'll be back in Yakima having a birthday dinner for my Uncle Mike. I only get to see him about once a year but he ALWAYS finds something encouraging to say to me so I'm not gonna miss that.
At Salt the speaker was sharing the story of Mephibosheth(Yes I copied and pasted that) who was sought out by King David to become part of his family, basically, and to dine at his table with all of his advisors and wise men even though he was crippled. I guess I've never really thought so much about this before but today when we think about being a part of God's family we think "God's the dad and we're just his kids" but if you were to read it as if you were someone living in the days of kings and royalty it would be different. We are not merely children of God, we are his ROYAL children! Everyday we have the opportunity to sit down to a meal with the KING of kings and the LORD of lords and eat the choicest of foods! And to top it all off we are the heirs of his infinite blessings!!! What made Mephibosheth's story so amazing was that he was a cripple with nothing going for him, he was a failure, and yet the king reached out and pulled him out of his crummy life to spoil him. It seems so often that I find myself searching through the world's dumpsters looking for anything I can find to satisfy my desires, just like the prodigal son, when my father is calling me back to a life of abundant blessings. More than I could ask for or even imagine. This is the life. I want to live it. Dear God, help me live it. Help me to crave nothing but what you have for me.
*In case you're wondering. I did actually choose Westside Church as my own personal church about two years ago but I didn't have to find it. I was incredibly blessed to be born and raised in the amazing ministry of that church. I may write something about this someday because I think about this a lot.

2 comments:
this shows up for me as just symbols. is that right?
Actually it's in code. But if you knew my secret code you could read it. :) I have no idea why.
Post a Comment