02 June 2011

Dear God,

This is the second of two letters I wrote a few months back that I've decided to post.

I had forgotten your command. Be strong and courageous. I'm sorry I've let Satan convict me of my weaknesses. I curled up in a ball and let him kick me. Your command to me was to stand up! Not to take it lying down. Stand up and fight. God, I will lay down my life fighting for it. I will be strong and courageous.

I am terrified. My life will change f I lay it down. No more humdrum monotony. No more selfish pride. This is what I want; my life laid down as a sacrifice to you. All of my passions and desires, I give them up to you, Oh Lord. I crucify them. Let what is not from you die and pass away.

Satan is the great discourager. He has had me believing that all I was was a sinner. It isn't true though. My life is valuable to you. You need me fighting on the front lines. I am your man. I will not be terrified or discouraged.

All my strength and all my courage are from from you Lord. You have conquered sin and death. LORD, my God, Yahweh, You are with me wherever I go. Who can be against You? I do not need to be afraid. Amen.

No comments: