02 June 2011

Dear Satan,

I wrote two letters earlier this year in my journal. I went back and read them and decided they were blog worthy. Here's #1:

You're there, I get it. I can feel you reading this over my shoulder. You'd love to stop me. I know it. I'm sick of the lies you whisper in my ear. Your pollution is wretched. You can tear me down with your lies. You've done it all my life. Today it ends.

As much as you'd like to control my heart with your lies you can never have it. It was bought with a price! You remember that don't you? The day that he was crucified. Did you see it coming? Did you know what would come next? Three days later. What happened then? He beat you, didn't he?

Ya, you're still in the game. You can play dead. You almost had me convinced that you had given up. I've picked my side but still you hurl your insults at me. I'm done taking punches.

You had me believing I was weak. Sometimes I am but let me remind you again, your side's gonna lose. Sure, you have your victories. Like getting me to believe that I can do it on my own, but I've decided that my heart belongs to Jesus. I am strong. What you tell me are my weaknesses are his strengths!

Joel

P.S. "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9) and "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death." (Revelation 12:10-11)

No comments: